1968 wasn’t just a seismic year politically – it also produced its fair share of brilliant films, many of them reflecting the tumult of the times. This summer there’s an opportunity to explore the social and cinematic legacy of this unique period, and to join the dots between then and now. The Uprising: Spirit of 68 season runs from May to September 2018, and will be underpinned by:
- A selection of late 60s restorations previously unavailable in the UK
- New releases which resonate with the theme
- A wider menu of titles available for direct booking
- An online programme showcasing Uprising activity across the UK, supported by a range of marketing assets and a press push linked to BFI Southbank’s May 68 season and the release of Redoubtable
More information is available in the Creative Brief (PDF)
Download the Uprising film menu (PDF)
The support available for Uprising includes:
- Easy to access screening and promotional costs of up to £1,500
- A simple Expression of Interest form process for requests larger than £1,000 (please note this fund is now closed)
- Cross promotional marketing support including listing your events on the site
Find the guidelines and forms below.
Screening Support (proposals up to £1,500)
This opportunity has now closed.
Expression of Interests (proposals over £1,000)
This opportunity has now closed as the fund is oversubscribed.
Tell us about your events when they are on sale
Get your screenings on the website (Google Form)